Last summer, the early stages of demolition began at the Riverside Plaza. This past week, the last remaining buildings — outside of the spared Harris-Gottschalks — were finally brought down. An illustrious end to Riverside’s oldest “mall” which opened in 1956.
Now, the real work begins to transform the site into a 500,000 sq. ft. outdoor shopping plaza — ironically, exactly as the Plaza was prior to an add-a-roof renovation in 1984.
- Riverside Press-Enterprise – Plaza demolition nearly complete
Sources: The Press-Enterprise